The world of no good

wanna have a fun life, travel, and see different cultures.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Thoughts et al

Just read Ashwin's poem for the 1000th time (http://opticaldillusion.blogspot.com/2005/12/orange-crow.html#comments.

I like it more each time i read it. something random about it that i really appreciate. Got me wishing - the eternal wisher that I am - why can't i write like that; why can't i be a poet? My own attempts at poetry have resulted in infantile creations. I see now, today, why I could never to be artistic. Art, as I see it, needs passion, a sense of romance (not only the love kind, but also the 'life' kind). As i sit here and realise that I don't have passion, I feel bad about it'; in fact, terrible. Yet, I know things must be what they are in such matters. One can't learn to be passionate - they either are or aren't, and I unfortunately am on the wrongside on the dividing line. Too bad for I can't do anything about it. But, there are still other things...I hope.



Important News
Rags has not emailed us, yet I hear of his great fortune, or perhaps great achievements. :).

Rags has a couple of job offers - Michelin and Caterpillar (assuming I got the spelling right).

Congrats Raghav!! Keep the Lounge banner flying high baby!

4 Comments:

Blogger nithyananda said...

congrats Ragav!!!
michlein??? my god!!! soon he might b seen on the F1 circuits then? huh?;)

10:12 PM  
Blogger nithyananda said...

and DK, y bother with Poems and all tat? Lets better leave tat to the lesser mortals...we r too busy passing our time to stand idle and write poems ;)

10:13 PM  
Blogger karthik durvasula said...

hear hear, nithya!!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally disagree, passion isnt something you either have or don't have. its just a matter of finding it. besides of all people you wouldnt be one I would consider lost without passion. its just not in poetry, thats all.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home